Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Horseshoe Springs

I'm feeling a little shaky this morning; too much work, too much coffee, and not nearly enough sleep or peace. A few weeks ago my wife and I went out on the West Desert; a place that has a certain magnificent desolation. It is nothing like the bad lands in Southern Utah, but it is nonetheless a place we visit often in the cooler months to escape the city, people, and even our own existence for a few hours.

So this morning I went through a few photographs of the trip and found this one of a small spring in Skull Valley called Horseshoe Springs. I thought it was especially peaceful and relaxing. I think I could look into this window on a different place for hours. I can almost see the trout lurking in the shadows, jumping at bugs, and the feel of the autumn sun gently warm against my face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a pretty place, it sounds wonderful there too!