Sunday, September 06, 2015

Warren Murphy, R. I. P.

It was announced Saturday, September 5, that author Warren Murphy died. Mr. Murphy was a talented novelist who brought hours and hours of enjoyment to me through his work. He co-created the outlandishly successful The Destroyer series, the brilliant Trace novels, and a bunch of straight suspense thrillers in the 1980s and 1990s. I am particularly fond of his suspense novels. The best was probably The Grandmaster (1984), which won the Edgar Award for Best Paperback Original.

A handful of years ago I read several of Mr. Murphy’s suspense novels, and even wrote a few reviews. In his memory, and since there is nothing else I can do, I am going back in time to the reviews I wrote for four of his novels (click the titles and you will be taken to the review).


I just may go back to his work as well; maybe read a few of his Trace novels, and revisit Grandmaster.

No comments: