Friday, November 27, 2009

New Authors: 2009

Last year I participated in a meme that asked for a list of all the writers I read for the first time. I really enjoyed it. This year there has been no such meme, but J. Kingston Pierce over at The Rap Sheet made a list and I thought I would follow his lead.

The list is in order of reading. I excluded all non-fiction. I have also included any additional titles I read by the author in 2009. I added ten new fiction writers to my personal “read” library—the exact number as I added in 2008. Five of the 10 are pulp writers and the other five are contemporary, although the novels were original published anywhere from the mid-1990’s to 2009.

Stephen J. Cannell
On the Grind, February

Paul Harris
The Secret Keeper, April

Jack Kilborn (aka J.A. Konrath)
Afraid, May

W.L. Heath
Violent Saturday, May

Stuart Kaminsky
The Rockford Files: The Green Bottle, June
The Rockford Files: Devils on My Doorstep, September

J.M. Flynn
Deep Six, June

Robert Colby
The Quaking Widow, July

Sid Jacobson
Vlad the Impaler, October

Edmond Hamilton
Fugitive of the Stars, October

Merle Constiner
The Action at Redstone Creek, November
Guns of Q Cross, November

No comments: