Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Quintet of Alistair MacLean Trailers

I started out this evening cruising through IMDB looking for films based on the novels of Alistair MacLean and I ended up at YouTube watching the trailers for a few. They reminded me of two things: 1) how much I like the work of Alistair MacLean; 2) how much I like some of the films based on the work of Alistair MacLean.

So here are five trailers for five films based on the work of Alistair MacLean.

The Guns of Navarone




Ice Station Zebra



Where Eagles Dare



Breakheart Pass



Bear Island


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All movies that I really enjoyed. There was also Puppet On A Chain, but I enjoyed the book more than I did the film.'

RJR

Ben Boulden said...

I went through a period as a teenager where I tried to find all of the films based on MacLean novels, but Puppet on a Chain is one that I never found. I did love the novel however. I've read it more than once.

There are a few other titles--The Secret Ways, The Satan Bug, When Eight Bells Toll, and Caravan to Vaccares--I never found and maybe these days with the Internet I will actually be able to track them down on DVD.

Ben