Sunday, August 12, 2007

Hubble Space Images: Galaxies

I'm a geek. I love to surf through the NASA website and look at all the cool images they have posted. They have photographs of astronauts, space vehicles, stars, and even our own planet. It is just about the coolest place I can think of going on the Internet, and I wanted to share a few images of our neighboring galaxies as taken by the Hubble Space Telescope.

I'm about as far from an astronomer as a human can be, and still be alive, but these are absolutely beautiful and I certainly don't need a description of what they are, or where they are to enjoy them. I hope you feel the same way.

This is the ESO 510-G13 Galaxy. It is described by the Hubble website as a "warped" galaxy taken at an "edge-on" angel.




This one has an outrageously cool name: Hoag's Object Galaxy. It is described as: ring of hot blue stars pinwheel around [the] yellow nucleus.




This is the NGC 5866 Galaxy.


This one is NGC 1512 in near-ultraviolet light.



To visit the official Hubble website click Here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ben, these pictures are amazing. It's really exciting to see what's out there in the universe. Thanks for putting these pictures up. Really great stuff!

AndroidRub said...
This comment has been removed by the author.