Saturday, February 23, 2008

Ghost Plane

I have a new hobby. It's not much, but it keeps me sane when I'm stuck at my desk all day. I have a window, but man if I don't miss the open air, the road, and just plain being outside. So each day I dial into Google Maps--hit the Satellite button--and go for a drive. I usually pick a road, a city, a state, an island, a Mountain, anything and take bird's eye view. It stops the shuddering, the twitching, and everything else for a few minutes.

And sometimes I see some pretty cool stuff. Like this image of a piston engine airplane flying across the vastness of Lake Mead in Nevada. If you look closely you can see the propellers whirring, and if you use just a little imagination it almost looks like a ghost plane. The kind of thing you would see on an old episode of The Twilight Zone. And that shadow on the lake's surface; is it for real? Way too cool.


1 comment:

GFS3 said...

Cool post. Your new hobby sounds more enjoyable than it should be. But you tapped into just right with your words.