Friday, January 09, 2009

Changling

My wife and I saw Clint Eastwood's Changling last weekend at the bargain theater; we still call it the dollar theater, but it costs a bit more these days. I wanted to see this film when I first saw the trailer several months ago, but it had a very limited release locally. One of the reasons I wanted to see it was, it was written by Babylon 5 creator J. Michael Straczyinski. It didn't hurt that it was directed by Eastwood. A guy who can seemingly do just about anything in the film industry.

Changling is a well executed period piece that is more social commentary than mystery, but it is an interesting, entertaining, and poignant film. The cinematography is beautiful, the direction is quite good, and the acting is more than adequate. In fact, this is one of the first films that I have really enjoyed Angelina Jolie.

Changling is worth a look, and I can't wait to see Clint Eastwood's latest film Gran Torino. It is being favorably compared to John Ford's classic The Searchers.

Trailer for Changling



Bonus trailer for Gran Torino

No comments: